New Trade Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Trade Organization

We are a Trade Group in the economic simulation Simunomics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Charity Points

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BB Grim

BB Grim

Charity Points Empty
PostSubject: Charity Points   Charity Points EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:46 pm

Should we consider some program around helping each other make charity points?
It is pretty hard to do when you are small, but then you have to go back and fill in when you are big, which can also be considerable cost. I am wondering if there is some middle ground plan we can come up with that smooths out the bumps a bit and helps give smaller Co's some points. I would love to have a high point/Co average to brag about as a TG.
Let's face it, that is one of the purposes of making money in this game. It is in writing and everything. Cool

Thoughts, anyone?
Back to top Go down
Hufford inc. (Founder)

Hufford inc. (Founder)

Charity Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Points   Charity Points EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Good idea! I will be willing to pitch in.
Back to top Go down
BB Grim

BB Grim

Charity Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Points   Charity Points EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 1:09 am

Can we do direct sale of awards to players, or must it go through the auction house?
Should we consider purchasing a charity good for a player at a certain level to feed them an award? How do we get them the cash to buy it off the market, or buy it from whomever is broking the deal for them?
Back to top Go down
tenjin masurao

Charity Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Points   Charity Points EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:54 am

Few questions:

(when Level isn't changed)
Does number of goods needed change everyday?
Does type of product change everyday?(or if somebody else donate)

From my point of view(as a small company lvl5)
Atm one charity award would cost me 1-3mil(100-500B x 5000products) if I would buy from market.
I could affort to make 1 award/2 days
Instead of selling awards we could try to sell products needed for charities at a bit lower price via invoice.
At level 5 it's rather normal to have warehouses in all cities. Only problem is transport which take 1-2 days.

That's why I ask those questions.

Back to top Go down
BB Grim

BB Grim

Charity Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Points   Charity Points EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:43 am

I have seen the price and the items both change on me, though not often. I think price is based on some kind of average price for the items needed. I have purchased items ahead of time when I see very low prices on the markets. This has saved me considerable cash and headaches finding the needed items.

The biggest concern I have is whether it would set of an AI alarm to buy something, then sell it cheaper to someone later.

I think we could ask people to produce a certain amount of goods that would not exceed that required by say, level 5, for a charity quest. We could all be responsible for having that item for smaller companies when they needed it. If people wanted, we could expand that to just being willing to keep an item we are good at for anyone that needs it. I know what I pay to produce a pair of pants, and I know what is charged on the market. I know I don't want my TG mates paying those prices to someone outside, if I can provide, profitably, at a much better price on occasion.

I would still like to get input from others in the guild.
Back to top Go down
Esmes

Esmes

Charity Points Empty
PostSubject: Charity points   Charity Points EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Not fully sure how this works, Are the Charity Quest items random each time? I am now level 6, does this mean I have missed a Charity Point Quest at Lvl5?

Back to top Go down
Hufford inc. (Founder)

Hufford inc. (Founder)

Charity Points Empty
PostSubject: Yes   Charity Points EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:38 pm

There is a new one each level, if you missed one at level 5 you missed it for good. I did the same thing.
Back to top Go down
tenjin masurao

Charity Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Points   Charity Points EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 9:55 am

Abalesk Soup Kitchen - 5,144 units of Baked Desserts.
Bellerive Day Care - 4,642 units of Juice.
Canjara Endowment for the Arts - 4,915 units of DVDs.
Drakar Volunteer Firefighters - 4,642 units of Poultry.

This is what I got at lvl5 (4500/6500 Score). Last I checked it was about 50 units less.
Will have first 2 certs soon (waiting for transport). Posted it to show how many units are needed. Will edit tomorrow to see how this is changing due to time and Score.
Back to top Go down
BB Grim

BB Grim

Charity Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Points   Charity Points EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:05 pm

As soon as you finish one of those, another pops up for that city. You can do up to five in each city at a single level.

The inability to go back to a previous level is one of the reasons I want to help smalls get something going earlier. You can buy awards on the auction block and by contract, but then you pay so much more for them.
Back to top Go down
tenjin masurao

Charity Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Points   Charity Points EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 3:38 pm

I'll expand to point before next level and gather all rewards before hiting next level. That will slow me for few days but it's worth it I hope Smile
Back to top Go down
Tanganyika

Charity Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Points   Charity Points EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 12:56 am

I hope its worth it to. Hey, if you dont want them you can always sell them on Auctions for a good bit of money Smile
Back to top Go down
BB Grim

BB Grim

Charity Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Points   Charity Points EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:01 pm

Quote :
Hey, if you dont want them you can always sell them on Auctions for a good bit of money

And then buy them back when you are bigger for even more money. That is how the Bigs get caught up. It is also exactly what I am trying to alleviate to some degree. I don't want anyone to feel that they have to waste resources on Charities until you have plenty of cash to do so. Or, if someone here makes the goods you need.

Also, I believe that the number of goods is based on the average market price of that good at any given point in time. So, you may need 50,000 now, and only 48,934 tomorrow. I am guessing here, but I was tracking this for a while, and that was the only explanation that fit what I was seeing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Charity Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Points   Charity Points Empty

Back to top Go down

Charity Points
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Trade Organization :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: