New Trade Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Trade Organization

We are a Trade Group in the economic simulation Simunomics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Firework Scramble!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Firework Scramble!  Empty
PostSubject: Firework Scramble!    Firework Scramble!  EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Here we can post clues and share info about the current event. New companies are encouraged to take part. If they need things moved I will gladly pay to move them.

Merry Christmas!
Back to top Go down
https://newtrade.forumotion.com
BB Grim

BB Grim

PostSubject: Re: Firework Scramble!    Firework Scramble!  EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Sparklers > Crackers==> Canjara (4)
Crackers> Peony ====> Bellerive (6)
Peony> Pinwheel ====> Abalesk (9)
Pinwheel> Palm =====> Bellerive (12)
Palm to Kamuro ====> Abalesk (15)
Kamuro to Candle ===> Bellerive (19)
Candle to Salute ====> Canjara (23)
Salute to Crossette ==> Bellerive (27)
Crossette to Waterfall => Abalesk (32)

I only have one known clue: "The Raven barks at noon"
I have absolutely no idea what the hell that means. I have no experience with how clues are structured or used in this game yet. Advice from more experienced CEOs on the team would be welcomed on how to read these clues. It was found in the new archive in the minor news section. They are clearly all over the place.
I have searched all of the Option screens for Canjara, including every product and category screen, one at a time.

Last edited by BB Grim on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:11 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
BB Grim

BB Grim

PostSubject: Re: Firework Scramble!    Firework Scramble!  EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 4:02 am

Found the Pinwheel to Palm in Bellerive clue in the listing of last years winners as line #11
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Clue   Firework Scramble!  EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:37 pm

In Canjara we are happy to exchange your Sparklers for Crackers. (No charge.)
Upgrades to 4 points
Back to top Go down
https://newtrade.forumotion.com
Toherinator

PostSubject: Re: Firework Scramble!    Firework Scramble!  EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 7:25 am

I have no clue as to what's going on in the this event what are you supose to do? buy fireworks?
Back to top Go down
BB Grim

BB Grim

PostSubject: Re: Firework Scramble!    Firework Scramble!  EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Yes. We buy fireworks in Abalesk, then run it around the country upgrading them in different cities, in order, so they are worth more points, and presumable more buckaroos, dollars, sheckles, geeters, greenbacks, scratch, lettuce...
The list above is getting updated as soon as we know anything to add to it. It is as current as our collective knowledge to this point.
Back to top Go down
BB Grim

BB Grim

PostSubject: Re: Firework Scramble!    Firework Scramble!  EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 4:44 am

I am seeing people selling fireworks on the game forum for $110/point plus. And they are getting plenty of responses form potential buyers. If you manage 1000 units ($200,000 cost) and get it to just 12 points at $100/point, that is $1200/ unit, or $1.2 million gross income. A full carload is 5000 units, so $1 million in cost for a gross of $7.2 million, minus shipping, which ranges between $15 and $30 per trip, so about $250 per unit, or $1.25 million. That leaves a net of around $6million. Not bad for a couple of days of shipping. And Hufford is willing to pay the shipping! Smile

You would have to be able to follow your shipping schedules to keep things moving along. Some of the trips can be as little as an hour or so, others several hours. All in all, it seems worth it if you can get a bunch upgraded and on the market in Drakar for sale in time. And the example assumes only 12 points of upgrades. That is just five total trips. Cool
Back to top Go down
BB Grim

BB Grim

PostSubject: Re: Firework Scramble!    Firework Scramble!  EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:14 pm

The last piece of the relay fell into place at 6:20 pm, Dec. 28th. There is enough time to make a complete run if you stay with it and send them all on fast flights.
Back to top Go down
BB Grim

BB Grim

PostSubject: Re: Firework Scramble!    Firework Scramble!  EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:44 pm

I finished 60,000 units at a cost of about $380 after shipping. I was able to sell them all to a top 10 finisher for 1500. I have no idea how to judge that. It was a lot of work keeping it all moving for a relatively small return from a multiples point of reference. On the other hand, it was money I couldn't make in a store. And I could have certainly put more units into play, expanding the overall take by quite a bit. I guess I would do it again. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firework Scramble!    Firework Scramble!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Firework Scramble!
Page 1 of 1